Friday, January 16, 2015

The Past Relax (vs) The Present Tense

Norway. That's what the picture on the interwebs said, that this is a picture of Norway.
I would love to visit Norway as I am now, with time and money enough to really SEE it.  When I visited as a young sailor, I couldn't get out of my own way, as I was a troubled kid.
Possibly it is a feature of muddled-age, but I no longer worry about events that happened in the past.
I can't change them.
I can't revisit events or ages.
Good or bad, they have no claim on my life now.
Some (poor, unhappy) people expend mucho emotional currency trying to 'change' or 'get over' the past. And fail. Hit the wall of emotional bankruptcy.
One of those 'inspirational sayings' allegedly quotes Babe Ruth:
"Yesterday's home runs don't win today's games."
Yah. And whatever may have hurt you in the past can't hurt you now IF you don't let it. Because it's In the PAST.
Today is problemathmatical enough (events seems crazy bad, nothing adds up).
But today is only tomorrow's yesterday, and sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.






1 comment:

Doug said...

And today has been a mix of bad and good. Just like yesterday.