Friday, December 05, 2014

No Cosby Christmas Special This Season...I Hope

"1 I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever; With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations." Psalm 89:1 KJV

 "2“But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. 
3“Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops." Luke 12:2-3 NASB


Before you assumerate as to what I have to say about Bill Cosby, let me add the John Bradford quote: "There, but for the Grace of God go I".
We all have feet of clay, we all sin. What we sow, we reap, unless God intervenes and by His
mercy does not punish us as we deserve.
If the allegations made against Cosby are true, he will reap what he has sown.
It may sound self serving to say this, but I am grateful that God has not burdened me with wealth. If I had as much money as Cosby has made, if I had what this world calls "Power"...
I might be tempted to think I was above the law, could do whatever I wanted. That I could buy silence and cover up anything with enough money.
I have little, which is enough, and as the saying goes, "You go with what you came with."



1 comment:

Doug said...

The quote from Psalm 89 has been made into a hymn, and I woke up this morning singing it.
I WILL tell of the mercies of the Lord-none of my sins are counted against me, because God is faithful and has put them 'behind His back',put them 'as far as the east is from the west', has forgotten them and promised not to hold them against me.
That will make a person sing.
To all generations.