Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cuba Chameleon

Wowsers. Yesterday Cuba wasn't on my emotional radar, and now it's a brand new day.
I don't know how this is going to play out, normalizing 'relations' between the United States and Cuba. There seems to be muy caliente response a'boilin' in the American Cuban community amongst those who have sought an end to the Communist regime of the Castro brothers.
Will this be 'good'? Catastrophe? Castro-strophic?
A boon or a boondoggle?
Looking for a silver lining: after extending an olive brance to Cuba, perhaps President Obama may one day seek to normalize 'relations' with Conservative Americans such as myself.
While there is life, there is hope.

1 comment:

Doug said...

"It's plain to see-evil inside of me...is on the rise" sung by President Obama?
Lyric from "I Can't Believe My Eyes"
which is part of "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog" by Joss Whedon and company.
I was going to incorporate another song from Dr. Horrible, "It's A Brand New Day" (mentioned in the first line of the post) but then I figured that might be a bit too obscure.
I don't know how I feel about normalizing relations with Cuba-we trade extensively with Communist China,which has some of the worst human rights abuses this side of Syria.
Pope Franky was in on this deal, another feather in his popish hat.
I just don't know enough to have an opinion.